Monday, April 26, 2010

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish." ~ John Quincy Adams

HOLY MACARONI!! The huge yard sale was a huge success!  The Frills team was able to make over $1100 this Saturday at the Second Annual Relay for Life Yard Sale.  We owe a big thank you to Ebenezer United Methodist Church for the use of their parking lot as this seemed to provide the perfect opportunity for all passers by to see what we were selling and lure them in.  We are also extremely grateful for all of those who donated items to be sold and/or stopped by just to offer words of encouragement.  THANK YOU BUNCHES!  The day started out very early and was a little soggy but this didn't seem to dampen anyone's spirits.  And in the end despite the 4:30am start, aching muscles and out of control organizing it was all more than worth it.  I didn't get to take many pictures because my camera died but here are a few...

dawn breaks and Jon helps out by serving breakfast (Bojangles); Patty and Chuck getting ready to 'man the fort.'






Sheri and Jeremy finishing the organizing of it all and start the selling early...


Chuck helps this wonderful yard sale patron affix his newly purchased jeep to the back of his Saturn.  We all prayed that he and the jeep actually made it to Kings Mountain in one piece!


Thanks everyone for everything that you did to make this yard sale a huge success!!
Please join us at the 26th Annual East Gaston Relay for Life on April 30th as we walk to raise awareness of ovarian cancer and celebrate those of have fought their own battles with this disease (as well as the many other forms of cancer).

"Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be." ~ Karen Ravn

No comments:

Post a Comment